Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

Visits!

Well, I told my friend Jessica that this would make the blog. Last night I was soooo surprised and THRILLED to hear my sweet friend Jessica's voice coming out of my computer! Her and her husband Joel are in Taiwan, teaching English. They told me about a system called Skype that you can use to do video phone but .. to my great joy.. it works even if you dont have a camera. It was 10pm ish (Mon) our time and around noon (Tues) their time. When I answered the "skype phone" I was expecting to be live chatting (typing) with her. So I yelled.. (and YELLED) with surprise when she said "Ruth .. are you there?" .. OH it was great! We ended up speaking for about thirty minutes and it was so fun! The kids and Joel got in a bit on the call and Trixy even barked hello! .. Catherine was happy to get to recite Jabberwocky all the way to Taiwan! The internet is so amazingly amazing! (best part of the whole deal is that it was FREE!)..

This morning I was soooo happy to see my sweet friends Sarah and TTTTracey.. They were both gainfully employed as Hall Staff when I was a dormmom and it was so great to see them again! It was just like old times .. The visit was so awesome but as always not long enough.. I could spend days talking to those two great gals!

I just got back from taking Catherine and Kaleb to Safety City.. AND FORGOT TO TAKE MY CAMERA!.. I couldnt believe it. (you can read more on our adventures today on our homeschool blog)

I must tell you that I feel like I am actually getting the hang of this home management thing.. thanks to the Flylady! .. (Mom, you will be pleasantly surprised that my bed has been made up every day for the last.. oh I cant remember).. .. I use to think I was just "Not good" at keeping a clean house.. but the flylady has set me in the right direction. Who knew a dishpan under the sink and a "do it now" attitude could make such a clean house! .. Of course I still have a long way to go.. many areas to declutter and organize.. but atleast I am not overwhelmed anymore! (yipee)

I walked on the treadmill yesterday for the first time in two weeks, it felt sooo good to get going again. I would still like to train for a marathon.. after I get a few 5ks and 10ks under my belt.. and hope to run one on or the month of my 40th birthday.. I have a few years to train for it.. so we'll see.. (anyone care to join me?)

Comments:
Skype is cool. I hope we'll get many more chances to use it while we're over here...if I close my eyes, I can pretend that I'm sitting on your couch hanging out. I can even here the kids in the background, just like if I were visiting you in person!

I feel so famous now, Ruth, being on your blog and all!

We'll be working most of the day tomorrow, so I might be able to chat via skype for a few minutes. We have a bunch of curriculum development stuff to do. The parents over here want to see what we're going to teach their kids, and they want to see it now!(=
 
It was fun visiting you too, Ruthie! I always enjoyed our silly talks, but you also seem like another big sister to me, and Sarah is like a younger sister. Wasn't Trini so much fun? =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?