Monday, October 17, 2005

 

WOW where Have I BEEN?

Its been so long since I posted I dont know if I remember how :)

We are having a good day today. The kids are working on their school work and I decided to take a minute to post. (before I fold clothes and clean the toilets).

I have been having issues for the last year or so with low energy, not sleeping at night and my hair falling out. I got tested for thyroid problems by the doc and it all came back fine. In my quest to feel good again I have decided this week to eat nothing but fruit until noon. The idea all got started in my conversations via email from Sarah. She has a blog dedicated to vegan/raw eating. I will put it on my sidebar so you can read it too :) . Anyway Sarah suggested I read all I can on the raw diet and so Saturday I went to the library and found "Fit for Life not Fat for Life" and I have read 3/4 of the book so far and what he says makes since. One of the things he suggests is to eat nothing but fruit until lunch. It is crazy for me to even think of doing this..I being the drink a mug of Dr pepper instead of coffee first thing in the morning person I am. I am a sugar and caffeine addict. The caffeine I thought I had to have so I could get things done.. without it I had NO energy at all. I was expecting this morning to eat fruit and feel tired, or at least have a caffeine headache.. I have been up since 730.. and no headache.. and I am full of energy! crazy I know.. but its true! The book also says to try and eat 50% raw food and 50% cooked food. So that is my goal too.

I just have to do something to feel better. You know the saying "you are what you eat" I have about decided it is more true than I ever realized. Heres to the start of my crazy journey.
OH.. by the way... THANKS a million Sarah for inspiring me to get healthy!

I guess you are wondering if this is a family thing or just a me thing.. well this morning the kids had fruit for breakfast .. I did give them a little yougart too but it was a huge change that they handled great. They actually said.. "YUM" when they came to the table. The boys hesitated to eat their watermelon and canteloup but its amazing the wonders a toothpick will do! They stapped those things and as Emeril says "BAM" they were gone. :)

Fruitfully yours
Fruthie :)

Comments:
Hey Fruithie,

I think its soooooo cool. I want to know how its going! Is Joel liking the fruit in the morning too? That's what we do around here. :) Then a big green salad at noon/othjer veggies.

HOw are you feeling? I'm really excited for you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?