Monday, August 01, 2005

 

Our Yesterday,

Well. I tried to post yesterday but the system was slllllloooowww for some reason. so I gave up.
We had a GREAT day yesterday. After worship I made fried chicken nuggets from scratch, mash tatos, rolls, gravy, and fresh tea... Now.. let me tell you.. I havent had that kinda meal in a long time. It's been at least 6 weeks since we have eaten homemade fried chicken,,, and yummmmmmy it was good.

After lunch I painted on the kids room. The mural I am working on is coming out nice, although I am still shocked at how I can just pick up a paint brush and look at a blank wall and BOOM<.. there it is.. a few trees, hills, sky with clouds, pond with cattails, ... I tell you what.. it is definately one of my gifts cause I had little to do with it.. I mean I have NEVER painted a ten foot tree.. one that goes from the floor onto the ceiling.. and there it is.. looking like a tree.. (once I figure out how to post pictures I will post some for you)

After a few hours M and M came over with all thier kids and we had a great visit. I just love the fact we can sit and talk while the kids play with no fussing or anything, they all get along so well, I am so sad M will be moving to Colorado. And at the same time my other friend E is moving to Denton! ugh..

The kids bathed and got into bed and read for a while to them. I am reading E. Nesbits book, "The Enchanted Castle" .. and oh.. it is great so far. Nesbit was CS Lewis' favorite fairy tale author.. ... Needless to say we are definately getting a HUGE dose of fairtaleness. :)
Well... Nate feel asleep first so I stopped reading and Jo and Cat and I played "fortunatly, Unfortunately" where you start a story and go around taking turns adding something to the story. Joel said when he was little there was one they did where they said.. "the Good thing was... the Bad Thing was" ... Anywho.. the kids LOVED it.. we had a cat and a dog fighting in one story and a man who was a giant .. sitting on his fish tank and didnt even now it..it was like a germ compaired to him. "


while eating supper last night the kids were taking turns picking which left over chicken nugget they wanted.. .. well.. I was getting bed ready for them when I heard them singing.. "Do everything without complaining, Do everything without arguing, So that you may become Blameless and Pure. Children of God." .. ITs a song M taught me and I sing it when my kids complain.. works great by they way..
Anywhay..... I asked later why they sang the "complaining" song and Cat said that Jo was fussing about not getting the nugget he wanted. :).. WEll.. I am assuming everyone got happy cause Jo was singing loud and clear to.. :)

WElll we have a big week planned.. we are going to San Antonio, Houston etc .. The kids won free tickets to Fiesta Texas on the Book-it program. So we are going there on Wednesday.. we have never been so it should be an experience. (( I think I would rather be fishing in Colorado,)

Comments:
No Ruthie, you'll love Fiesta -- especially the water part of it! Ooh, I will need to learn that song you taught the kids. You know, when we were younger and would start fighting and arguing, my dad would start singing, "Angry words, oh let them never, from the tongue unbridled slip..." Now that did not help me. Irritated me to no end! But I think your song sounds like it's doing well. =)
 
I can't wait to see a pic of the mural! I wish I could do stuff like that for my kids' rooms.

Your kids sound SOOOO great. I can't wait to meet them. Are you still coming down soon?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?