Thursday, July 28, 2005

 

Rain, watches, and don't call me MAD!

What an amazing two day of RAIN we have had here! It has just been bEEEEEautiful .. I am officially ready for fall. :)

This morning after my run, while I was getting my protein drink ready Nate was playing on the keyboard, with the lights that he follows, saying "mom, I can play moonlight!" (moonlight serenade).. as he was playing Cat said "Nate come on .. I am FIXIN' to start reading our Bible story for today!!!!" (this is the second day in a row they had had Bible story all on their own in the living room.. without any encouragment or suggestion from me.. .).. They sing the books of the Bible songs and then Cat reads a story from the Bible..

The other night we were watching on highdef tv a story about men who make these incredible watches.. Nate was sitting by me and when they showed a watch that had TONS of diamonds.. I can remember how many .. he turned and looked at me and said.. "thats Geeeeeeeorgious!" .. I about died... how cute is that!

I am so ready for school to begin.. I think we will start early this year. I am ready for a schedule and the excitement of learning together again. This year we will start Greek and Latin roots, and we are going to be doing Spanish via a satellite program. Daddy and I decided it would be fun to do this as a family .. so we will watch the program and do the worksheets together on Mon or Tues nights.. (I think).. The program only costs 50.00 .. the man that teaches is wonderful. !

Today I am going to try and get the mural in the kids room half way done.. and of course do laundry at the same time :) I am ready to have their room finished.

And can I say something about mad cow.. yes I heard yesterday that another cow had it.. I think it is interesting how they say.. "this cow didn't enter the food chain" .. well thanks very much.. but where are this cows friends who ate the same feed as she did .. I mean how many people have just ONE cow! ya know.. .. So.. I am still happy .. very happy in fact with my decision to stop eating beef. You can call me crazy.. but atleast you cant call me MAD! :)

I am off to paint a sky and clouds.. FUN!

b2bh

Comments:
Loved the Nate comment. I can just hear you laughing. You know where he gets that style of talking, though, don't you Ruthie? Um...let's think about just how you say my name! =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?