Thursday, July 07, 2005

 

quiet night, fourth, and ramblings

( for those of you who care.. I think sometimes my blogs are boring.. I am not here to be miss perfect. so please excuse any miss spellings, or miss punctuation that might get on your nerves.. I like to write on my blog they way I think..I dont think in complete sentences, perfectly spelled words or indented paragraphs.. (sorry) if it bothers you.. .. so be it.. .. happy reading!)

Its a quiet night here at the house. Daddy had to make a run to Lowes to get sprinkler heads for our system. I just got finished with supper and instead of cleaning the kitchen.. here I am. The kids.. well one is on the potty, singing "America, America.. (a song from wee sing america) and the older two are watching Food TVs "Pastry and Bread Chef Competition" where they create art with bread and pastries.. amazing.

The fourth was a great holiday, I got to visit with my sweet friend from Louisianna, and her dog Patches. I also got to see my twin Neice and Nephew from Houston.. they are turning 2 in a week or so.. and are sooooooo cute! It was great to visit but it did go by to quickly.

On the fourth we ran our 1st anual 4th of July S Invitational 5k. We had 5 adults and nine kids participate.. not a bad turn out for 630am on a holiday! I ran it in 35 minutes.. which improves slightly on my time in houston of 39min.. so progress not perfection.
(just for those interested.. the youngest is still singing.. now singing "red and yellow makes orange.. that the color of.. .. of.... Yawn... Old abe lincoln came out of the wilderness many long years ago.. .. the cow took the .. (something) and she died in the spring" OK>. he is just funny... still singing.. now a john denver song.. funny kid)

I dream some day of sleeping through the night. I know it will happen someday.. surely. I cannot figure out what my youngest problem is. but last two nights he woke up crying three times.. this in addition to the summer thunder storms that roll through after midnight.. I havent had REM sleep in months.. (feels like anyway)..

Can we talk about mad cow for a minute.. Been doing some reading.. some people think it wont happen to them.. but I am not taking any chances with my kids or myself.. of course the damage could have already been done to me but I figure better late than never. I must recomend a doc. movie called "Super Size Me" its a story of a man who ate McDonalds for thirty days. Now it is rated pg13.. so no kids around please.. and do fast forward through atleast two sections.. (you will figure those out) .. I am glad I watched it.. fast food has a different meaning to me now.. UGH> ! You know the saying.. you are what you eat.. this movie proves it.

The kids are doing great. Enjoying life.. We have art camp next week (my last for the summer).. I will be teaching American Folk Art. .. We also have a puppet musical coming up on the 19th I am getting the puppets and kids ready my piano teacher is getting the singers and key boarders ready.. we are doing the Bremen Town Musicians.. for any who are interested.. should be sweet. Needless to say a busy week and half ahead.. I will be thankful for Aug. and a break from the business.

Last but not least.. I discovered two new recipes I LOVED .. fried squash and zuchini.... and a blueberry, banana, pineapple and tofu (yes.. tofu) shake... the kids LOVE it too!

I am off to see the wizard..
.. or atleast I am a little off.. :)

b2bh

Comments:
I don't think your blog is boring :) I love reading about your kids.

I agree about mad cow, and way to go on the tofu. :) I have to say I've never used it in a shake though.

I got your email ;) and am going to respond soon I promise! I just have sooo much to say about that I don't know where to start. hee hee
 
Ruthie, I notice your misspellings...but I don't get annoyed at them! You type however you want -- you go, girl! I have some friends who watched "Super Size Me" not long ago and I am afraid to watch it...but we really don't eat much fast food, not nearly like we used to. Way to go on the healthy shakes!
 
You're not boring. Neither is your blog...you may be "off" a little bit, but those of us that love you love your zaniness as well! I miss our nights with Alisha and Erika giggling and laughing until you decided you should probably head back down to your apartment....:)

I got your comment on our blog...don't worry, I'm not quite gone yet!! Well, I'm not back in Abilene yet either, to be precise, I'm sitting on a bed in a hotel somewhere in the middle of Virgina (Woodstock?) after a long day of driving back from my family's NH vacation. There's free internet here, but I'm typing very, very quietly as I'm the only one still awake.

Anyway. NOt like you wanted to know all of that, but I wanted to let you know that we're not leaving Abilene until July 28th, and I'm definitely coming to visit you before we leave. We'll return from this vacation either on MOnday, or later in the week, depending on whether we get to go visit some people in Alabama and Louisiana and talk about China plans.
I'm glad I got to catch up on reading your blog...the kids are so funny. Almost makes me want some of my own, except that I've had my niece (6 mos.) and nephews (8 and 6) around 24/7 for 2 weeks straight. I love them, but it makes me glad I'm not quite there yet.:) Soon enough!

alright, this is the world's longest comment, so I'm going to bed. Just wanted to let you know that you haven't seen the last of me quite yet....

See you in a few days,
Jessica
 
Where've you been, Ruthie? Watch out, 'cause you haven't posted in almost a month! =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?