Friday, July 29, 2005

 

I don't Care..... I Do Care.

As I was putting on my running shoes this morning I thought about how I don't care about many things..

I don't care if my socks don't match, if my shoes are "worn" as long as both are comfortable.
I don't care if kitchen cabinets don't have knobs, or my light above my sink is out.. as long as I have soap and bleach to clean with and can find what I need.
I don't care if my kids clothes match, as long as they know they are beautiful.
I don't care if I have to pay a fine at the library every once and a while as long as the librarians give my kids hugs and smile when we walk in.
I don't care if my kids make a mess as long as they clean it up.
I don't care if I don't have makeup on when I go to the grocery store or anywhere else as long as we have fun.
I don't care if my kids break a dish or something else as long as they are not hurt.
I don't care if friends drop by without calling.. as long as they stay and visit for a while.. (I love it when my friends just show up!!! What a great surprise for my day!)
I don't care how much information my kids can memorize, I do care that they know how to find the answer on their own.

things I do care about

I care that my kids and husband are happy and healthy.
I care that my kids have time to play and be kids.
I care that my kids love books, coloring, and pretending more than Dora, Blues Clues, or Sesame Street.
I care that I don't miss a workout and don't eat ice cream everynight.
I care what my family eats, if I can avoid something that could harm them or me.. I avoid it.
I care that my husband knows I love him.
I care that my kids know I love being with them.
I care that my kids say sorry, please, thank you, .. repect each other, themselves and their elders!
I care that my kids don't get in the habit of fussing, complaining, whining, or talking back.
I care that I don't get in the habit of fussing, complaining, whining or talking back. :)


It seems that I am a little different. And that is OK. .... that is another thing to add to my I don't care list..
I could go on and on.. but I must get to kithen.. the chicken is waiting to be cooked, cake is waiting to be baked. :)
b2bh

Comments:
I do care about you, Ruthie! =)
 
Ruth, you're awesome!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?