Tuesday, March 01, 2005

 

Yesterday and Today

Just yesterday I was thinking how much better I feel. This morning I am still thinking, "I felt so much better yesterday" oh well.

We had a great day yesterday. Had our friend over to play yesterday morning and then vistors in the afternoon as well. Cat enjoyed doing her spelling on a new website I found and the boys built with blocks, legos, and lincoln logs. Math, reading and handwriting found their way in there somewhere.. so we got it all in. :) We listened to our skip counting tape and then School House Rock (remember "Three is a Magic Number" and "Zero My Hero" great fun!)

When Daddy came home from work he and I primed the bathroom walls. Oh the memories the smell of oil base kilz brings back (pawpawT). Of course Daddy was going to do the whole thing but when I saw that paint brush I just couldn't pass the oportunity to do the cuttin' in.

I was unable to get on the treadmill until 5pm yesterday but had a good two mile run. It is amazing how much better I feel after a run. I always wonder why it is so hard to get on the thing in the first place when it does wonders for how I feel. Its about 7.5 weeks until the 5k race, I am hoping I will be up to that distance by then. :) I tell you if it wasnt for the fact that I knew I had a race in a few weeks I wouldnt have gotten on that thing. Funny what motivates huh.

We were all excitted yesterday morning when I turned on HD discovery and found they were doing a story on the ancient people of Nubia. The kids and I studied the Nubians a while back and it was excitting to see the archeologists digging up an old temple and discovering pots, rams statues, etc... Ahh the joys of ancient history! :) And can I say I LOVE it when those shows use computer animation to draw on top of the digs what they think the temple (or whatever) looked like! so Cool!

Well. I am hoping to get to the library this morning Cat has a list of things she wants to get and of course we have things that need to be taken back. You know you are going to have a great day when it involves getting to go to the library. :)

... ok.. after a few interuptions.. including the trip to the library I am back to finish this blog.. :)
the library was great fun. Cat is happy to get some cook books and hopes to make some pretzels this afternoon. Jo got his typical books about animals (dolphins this time) and a ranger rick magizine. Nate is excitted about his books on super heros, and one about the history of popcorn.(interesting huh). They were all excitted about a poem book call science verse and couldnt wait to listen to it in the car on the way home. (as we were listening in the car cat said.. "ok mom.. the second one.. that is about evolution.. just skip it." :) I on the other hand got one called Run For IT.. (about womens running).. of course my pick isnt as excitting as Science verse, super heros, or the new DK Lego book but I think it will be good. :)

Off we go to clean the kitchen and then read some of our discovery mags that paw pawt sent. :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?