Thursday, March 03, 2005

 

The Wiggles, Ancient China, and M&Ms

The kids really seemed to enjoy yesterday. E and her sweet kids couldn't come over like they usually do on Wednesday mornings (baby had fever:( ), which made us sad. And sweet K stayed at home with her Mom yesterday cause they were not feeling well.

But we survived the morning with a little TV (the wiggles, stanley), and then coloring, and just creative play. Of course we squeezed in math and handwritting of which Cat was happy to figure out she only had 6 more days in her cursive book and she would be finished!. We also caught a show about Ancient China on HD Discovery which was great. The Great Wall of China... did you know they estimate something like 1million people died building it? The Forbiddin City.. 200 acres and beautiful colors, mythological creatures, and curved roofs to keep evil spirits away... The Silk Road, and of course the Terra Cota Soldiers, amazing.. (Have I said before I love ancient history?)

After lunch the 3m's came over to play for the afternoon and of course the kids were so happy to see them. They played horses, built with blocks, and painted the afternoon away. I made m&m cookies from "There's a Chef in My Soup" cookbook by Emril Lagase... they were really good despite I only had half the amount of m&ms called for( I tried real hard to ignore all that bad food coloring in the m&ms and just enjoy them). NaNa dropped by twice bringing Easter pencils the first time and stickers from Grandma B the second time. Such nice surprises!

After I took the 3Ms home and got a look at the work their mom and dad have done to their house. (it looks really good by the way).. I dropped by the grocery store to get some speg. sauce so I could make pizza. The kids played a little on the computer (math) and after supper it was time for baths, books, and bed. I was in bed by 915.. which is unusual for me! but I feel much better this morning. Amazing what sleep will do for a Mom! I did wake up at about 11 and found my sweet husband cleaning the kitchen! He is the best!

I am hoping today to get to some reading of the iliad, to the library (have a book on hold I need to pick up) and to walmart.. oh and need to take the cat (Tanner) in for his shots. Oh.. and I would love to get in a mile or so on the treadmill before the day is out. (yesterday I ran about 2.75 miles.. when I say run.. for furture reference.. I am not running the whole thing.. I run a while, walk a while, I dont want yall to think I am some kind of super runner or something.. Just a mom trying to get back in shape and pretty much out of breath the whole way!)

One little short story before I go... just a minute ago Jo was on the potty. Nate had put in a video from the library and ran into the bathroom and told Jo. "You need to come see this" and ran out. Jo said.. "What?" .. "Well bring it in here!" (I guess Jo didnt realize Nate was talking about the TV) and Nate yelled back "I CANT BRING THE TV TO THE BATHROOM!" .. Jo said "Why Not?" and they just laughed and laughed.. .. so funny.. so cute!

So Blessed!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?