Friday, March 18, 2005

 

Visitors, Books, and Comments

Wow! What a busy day. Yesterday I actually got up and walked 1.5 on the treadmill, its my first time back on after having my feet start hurting a week or so ago.. I am taking it sloooooow now.. just gona do everyother day for a while. The 5k is getting closer and I want to run atleast part of it if I can.

The kids are doing great. We had lots of visitors yesterday. Nana and PawPaw, Uncle A, the M Gang, what fun!

Uncle A brought his fridge for us! We are "purchasing" it from him, what a blessing! I just cant get over the water and ice coming out of the door like that! Wow! We also had perfect timing on the selling of our old fridge, it was gone on the first call and taken out of the house about 5 min after A drove up with the new one! What timing!

Yesterday morning the kids and I got to watch the NASA station and got a tour of the ISS. They really enjoyed the tour and thought it was funny the astronauts slept standing up. Joseph and I read a great book while at the docs office about Electricity. (Magic School Bus ROCKS!) Joseph loved the part when the Friz shrank everyone and put them inside the steam pipes and then to the turbine, and laughed hard at the part when the class was inside the light bulb at the library.

We are still reading Caddie Woodlawn and cant wait to see what happens. I thought it would be fun to list all the books we have read (chapter books)... And I would love to hear what your favorite books where when you were growing up. I NEVER read when I was little (too busy being a tom boy I guess) and so I am LOVING these stories. ok.. heres our list
All 9 Little House on the Prairie Series, Pattington Bear, Charoletts Web, The Mouse and the Motorcycle, The Sign of the Beaver, Where the Red Fern Grows (that was one of Daddys favorites when he was little), The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Snot Stew (didnt like this one, should've stopped reading but read it anyway, it's cute but they fuss alot), The Black Stallion (I think we have two chapters left in this book but had to return it to the library), The Courage of Sarah Noble, The Odyssey, The Illiad (have three chapters left), The kids all love Where the Sidewalk Ends ............thats all I can remember right now.. I know there is more but I cant remember them.. humm..
Some of our favorite "picture books" .. All the Demi Books-eps The Empty Pot and The Hungry Coat, All of Mem Fox's Books-esp "Boo To a Goose", The Math Book Series-"Sir Cumference and the Knights of the Round Table." etc, Peter Sis Books, They also love "Science Verse" which is a poem book about science,..... Oh my list on these could go on and on..

I have done some adjustments to the blog so hopefully you can leave a comment on it now if you want. I am not sure if I did it correctly so sorry if you have trouble. I am off to clean the kitchen and get the kidos ready for piano.

b2bh

Comments:
Yay, I get to comment on Ruthie's blog! My favorites growing up had to be the Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary. I even wrote to her when I was nine and I still have the handwritten postcard she sent back! P.S. I've had Caddie Woodlawn since I was young, but have never read it -- now I want to! =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?