Wednesday, March 16, 2005

 

Kid Update and Deep Thoughts

What a cold and rainy day here! I thought spring was on it's way but winter is fighting back. I am thankful though that I dont live way up north where the winters last so much longer.

The last few days have been full of friends and lots of fun! The kids so loved having their friends over to play esp. since we had been sick and recoverying from surgery for so long. Jo is doing great. We go back to the doctor tomorrow and hope to be released to run, jump, and wiggle to our hearts content.

I have recently started playing my clarinet again and it has been so fun. The kids each try and play it and of course are learning practice is the key to playing an instrument. I am hoping that Cat and I can play a duet (her on the piano), should be fun trying. I had forgotten how much I really enjoyed playing. I have been really surprised how much I remember too! All those hours of playing the fight song when I was in highschool and I am shocked I cant remember any of it!! Weird.

Cat has been doing lots of cooking in the kitchen and is becoming a great cook and helper. She made Daddys birthday cake (from scratch), and has been making our homemade dinner rolls the last few meals. Its amazing how quickly I can get a meal together when she is helping in the kitchen.
Jo and Nate have been pretending the days away, which is fun to watch and hear. I asked Nate last night what he wanted to be when he grew up and he said a builder and a glass maker. (interesting).. then he got silly and started looking around the room and said "a curtain maker, a table maker, a chair maker. (hhheee)." What a funny little guy.
Jo has loved a little stuff dog that his Nana gave him after his surgery. He wagged it around everywhere the first four days or so after. He named him Jack. It is amazing the things Jack can do. All kinds of flips, he also plays monopoly and eats crackers very well!

I have been a little down about not being able to run. I have this five k coming up and last week my feet started hurting again so I have taken about 7 days off. The feet feel better now so I am planning on walking this afternoon. If you have happy feet, be very thankful for them!

Sleep,,, Ahhh.. precious sleep! I finally decided my being tired all the time was cause I hadnt gotten any sleep the last 3 months! After three nights of full sleep I woke up feel so good! I also started taking my vitamins again and that probably has LOTS to do with feeling good too.

I have been reading two books by a lady named Nancy Wilson. One is called "Praise Her at the Gates:the calling of Christian Motherhood" and the other is called "The Fruit of Her Hands."
They are both wonderful! I first read excerpts off of Amazon and was so impressed I requested it from our libraries inter-library loan department. They are short books (only 100 pages or so) but they are full of scripture and prespectives which grabs my interest so much I am delving deeper into the scriptures. Its the kind of book to have around to read and reread. Such encouragement. Throughout both books is the scripture from Titus 2:4
"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be selfcontrolled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."
Wow, how far off this is from what the world tells us. The world says, "who needs a husband, who needs a father for your children, the kids can entertain themselves and are getting in my way of what I want to do." The world says you can have it all, but this scriptures says it all. We are to LOVE our husbands and children, not feel like they are just another burden in our day. We are to be busy at home. (note: "at home" not running here and there like chickens with our head cut off.) I could "have it all" from what the world says but the cost is too great. What are they asking me to pay? My family? My husband? My health? NO! Life is too short.

Definately blessed to be home!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?