Wednesday, March 16, 2005

 

"Joy was just the thing he was raised on"

Yes, and joy was just the thing that he was raised on
Love is just the way to live and die
Gold is just a windy Kansas wheatfield
And blue is just a Kansas summer sky
(click on John Denver below for the rest of the lyrics)

The Words above are to a song by John Denver I got a cd from the library to listen to. Mostly for the "Grandmas Feather Bed" song. (I LOVED that song when I was a kid and it brought back great memories, dancing around the house when I was little..what joy! {thanks Mom and Dad} ) ANYWAY.. I was listening to this other song he wrote and the lines above stuck me... what a great life this man lived.
To be raised on Joy, Love and that the Gold of the wheatfield was enough. .. He was never blue.. that was just the color of the sky... so.. I guess he was thankful, he knew the things that mattered, and he was content. What a blessing!

On a lighter note.. "Thank God I am a Country Boy" is a great song to do the hoe down with your favorite 8 year old, in between folding the clothes. :)

B2BH

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?