Tuesday, March 29, 2005

 

Easter, Funny things, and L'Orfeo

Finally a awesome SPRING morning! Its spose to hit the 80s today YIPEE!- and to think.. Easter Sunday there was SNOW on the ground outside! Crazy WTweather.

We had a nice Easter. Sunday after church we went over to Uncle B and D's for hamburgers. And of course we all ate too much! Then that afternoon we went out to S and M's in the country and hunted easters eggs. The kidos had a GREAT time, as they always do when they are with their friends.

On the 5k front. I ran 2 miles yesterday, one mile of which I jogged without walking breaks! YIPEE! I was sooo excited. I wanted to quit sooooo many times, it is interesting how much of running is a mental game with yourself. (and yes mom, my feet are doing fine:)

Some Funny things that have happened the last few days:

There was a lamp in the living room who bulb had burnt out. The kids told Daddy. As Daddy walked into the living room he said: " Well why did it do that?".. Joseph said: "I dont know... I'm not it!!!" .. (he is so funny)

I nate and I were talking this morning and I asked him what he would be when he grew up. He said he would do things boys and Daddies do (this in response to my question are you going to be a ballerina?"). I said.. oh.. What do Daddies do? He said "Work, ............ Build things......... work on the TV....." He also decided that it would be fun cause Daddys get to wrestle.

Cat has been on a reading spree and the last few mornings I have gone into the living room to find her either reading a book to herself or to the boys. What a great thing!
I asked her if there were anything she would like me to get while I was at the homeschool book fair (thats coming up on May 6-7th).. and she asked for a microscope. They do sell refurbished ones at the fair, ones they get from universities etc and recondition and sell, so I will probably look into getting one of those.

OH.. and I almost forgot! Friday night the kids got to watch an Opera,

L'Orfeo, favola in musica, (Claudio Monteverdi) is based on the ancient Greek legend of Orpheus, son of Apollo and Calliope. Orpheus (Orfeo) loves Euridice, and when she dies,Orpheus is so grief stricken that he approaches Pluto,god of the Underworld. He plays his lyre so beautifully that Pluto grants Orpheus the opportunity to descend into Hades to find and return with his beloved Euridice. One condition is made: that Orpheus not look at her as he returns with her to the world of the living. During the return, Orpheus doubts that Euridice is following him, and he looks back at her; as he does so, she vanishes into the shadows of Hades forever.

It was so fun. The kids were glued to the TV. I was so surprised. The Opera had English subtitles so I just read to them what they were singing. The costumes and sets were amazing! Who would have thought, a 8, 5, and 3 year old would be excited about Opera! Ok.. so now on my list of things to do with them when they get older.. go to an Opera. (never thought I would be saying that :)

Well.. the laundry and dishes are screaming at me in there.. math, handwriting, and spelling to do as well. Hope everyone out there has a blessed day!

b2bh

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?